We have already reviewed Micromax Funbook and its advantages as a budget ANdroid Tablet. In the previous tutorial we told you about how you can root your Funbook and install JetMod ROM. This Time we have come up with a CyanogenMod 9 based ROM for Funbook Tablet. Xda dev forum member Karndev has introduced it. He has made almost all things work but there are few bugs.
Update: Cyanbook ROM for Micromax Funbook was recently updated to fix many bugs and add new features. Developers have added new CM9 build codes with CRT Off animation, new tweaked kernel for better performance, Special Co-ordination system for games that requires Inverted Axis. Previously, the Smartass CPU and GPU manager was update and there are new codes to handle better performance and resource management. We will be regularly updating about these custom ROM[I think that developer has abandoned the project]. Micromax Funbook users who are eagerly waiting for Jelly Bean custom ROM will need to wait as developer are still working to make CM10 work on Funbook. Even if they port CM10 Jelly Bean to Funbook, be ready to accept that many bugs will be there.
Android 4.0.4 AOKP CM9, Modded UI, AOKP, reloaded lockscreen, CM9 bootscreen and user interface, modded fixed RAM, few bugs
How to Install Cyanbook ROM on Micromax Funbook:1. Micromax Funbook should be rooted if you have not rooted follow this tutorial to root your funbook and install CWM recovery. Enable USB debugging.
2. Download the ROM and GOogle apps files on your Computer and then transfer to sd card of tablet.
3. Switch off Funbook Tablet and restart in CWM recovery mode. Backup your current ROM.
4. select “wipe data/ factory reset” and press the power button to execute. Now, select “Wipe Cache partition”.
5. Also select “Wipe cache partition/Dalvik Cache”. Once done, select “Install zip from SD card”. and select the zip file we have transferred to SD card in step 2. Again select to install zip file and this time select the Gapps file.
6. It will take few minutes to install the new ROM. Once the process complete you will need to reboot the device. For this select “+++Go Back+++” and then choose “Reboot system now”.
Please let us know if you face any issue, we are committed to help you.